This data set contains the adjustments we make to convert reported accounting book value to Invested Capital. Updated daily.
Total Shareholders' Equity
Total shareholders' equity, from the shareholders' equity section of the balance sheet.
+ Short-Term Debt and Long-Term Debt
Total short-term and long-term non-operating debt.
- Total Reported Operating Lease Assets Less Total Reported Operating Lease Liabilities
The total value of operating lease assets minus operating lease liabilities reported on the balance sheet.
- Total Hidden Operating Lease Assets Less Total Hidden Operating Lease Liabilities
The total value of operating lease assets hidden on the balance sheet less operating lease liabilities hidden on the balance sheet.
+ Our Standardized Present Value of Operating Leases
Net Present Value of Operating Lease Payments included in continuing operations.
+ Total Long-Term Other Liabilities Less Non-Operating Liabilities
The total value of non-current other liabilities minus the non-current deferred tax and deferred compensation liabilities.
+ Total Reserves
Sum of the current ending reserve balances for LIFO, inventory, and loan loss reserves.
+ Accumulated Goodwill Amortization
Accumulated Goodwill Amortization
+ Accumulated Asset Write-Downs After-Tax
Total of all write-downs after tax from the current year plus all write-downs from prior years.
+ Accumulated Unrecorded Goodwill
Total amount of unrecorded goodwill collected from the current year and all other previous years.
- Unconsolidated Subsidiary Assets (non-operating)
Investment in unconsolidated subsidiaries that are not part of operations. A fixed asset on the balance sheet.
- Net Assets from Discontinued Operations
Net Assets from Discontinued Operations
- Total Reported Deferred Tax Assets Less Total Reported Deferred Tax Liabilities
The total value of deferred tax assets minus deferred tax liabilities reported on the balance sheet.
- Total Hidden Deferred Tax Assets Less Total Hidden Deferred Tax Liabilities
The total value of hidden deferred tax assets minus hidden deferred tax liabilities.
- Total Reported Deferred Compensation Assets Less Total Reported Deferred Compensation Liabilities
The total value of deferred compensation assets minus deferred compensation liabilities reported on the balance sheet.
- Total Hidden Deferred Compensation Assets Less Total Hidden Deferred Compensation Liabilities
The total value of hidden deferred compensation assets minus hidden deferred compensation liabilities.
- Excess Cash
The amount of cash on hand over and above what is needed in the current year to fund the operations of the business for the foreseeable future.
- Over Funded Pensions
Overfunded status of a pension plan (if the pension plan is an unfunded liability this value will be 0).
- Accumulated OCI (Other Comprehensive Income), Including Quarterly Estimates
Estimate of Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income, from the shareholders' equity section of the balance sheet. Primarily for IFRS companies that don't report OCI in their quarterly filings.
= Invested Capital
Invested capital is the value of the money invested in a business over its lifetime.
= Invested Capital Financing Approach
Invested Capital calculated by the financing approach (total debt + equity equivalents + common equity).
*Indicates the datapoint is affected by stock price.